Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cosmetics from the drugstore that I love... alot.

I've always had an open mind when it comes to cosmetics. I've tried my fair share of pricey department store brand items and while some of them REALLY wowed me, others were a total waste of money.
Now, I can say that my custom blend powder from Presciptives was some of the best money I've ever spent. Being that my skin is on the lighter side and no orange in my skintone, it was hard to find a foundation/powder/concealer in the right shade. So one day I was walking through Macy's and got snagged by a lady who told me I had pretty eyes and she would love to do eyemakeup on me. I was in a decent mood that day, so I decided why not...
Well, my eyes looked great and $118 dollars later, I had custom blend powder and haven't looked back since. I also have really REALLY oily skin and have to take care to put the right products on that can last during the day without melting off.
A million years ago, I heard that you should spend your high $$$ on your foundation, powder and concealer and your color (eyeshadow, liner, blush, mascara, lipstick) should be what you can play around with.
So here are my drugstore finds that I find myself not wanting to ever be without:
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Black - I wear this stuff every single day and it does NOT budge until I take it off.
L'oreal Voluminous Waterproof Volume Building Mascara - my goto mascara that I keep in my makeup case. Volume without flaking or clumping.
Covergirl LashBlast and LashBlast Length Mascara - I layer these 2 when I want to have glam movie star-like lashes. I always get compliments.
Bert's Bees Lip Balm - throw this on at night before bed and it gives you the softest lips and helps your lipstick gone on smooth
Covergirl Outlast All Day Color - I have so many colors in this, but my favorites are Ever-Redy (when I'm feeling daring) and Adobe Sand
Revlon Colorstay 12 hour Eyeshadow - coffebean is the quad that I think makes my green eyes pop. (the pigments are really good, but I also use an eyeshadow that is NOT drugstore, Urban Decay, which I also love love LOVE)

It never fails when I walk into Wal.greens, I always end up buying some new cosmetic or something to try. My favorites have come from alot of trial and error.
Try some of my recommendations. I think you'll be pleased!

1 comment:

  1. I use the L'oreal volumunious mascara thanks to you...and love it! Get compliments on it all the time. Thanks! :)
    -KWAB

    ReplyDelete